The McGregor Metalworking Companies care about our employees and are concerned for the well-being of all our associates. Our company’s priority is to keep all of you safe and healthy. McGregor’s executive team is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak, including guidance from state government, the CDC, the WHO and other health authorities.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, McGregor is implementing the following to keep McGregor associates safe during this outbreak.
1. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
2. Wipe down your work center, controls and gauges each day, especially at end of shift.
3. Greet people without physical contact; no shaking hands.
4. Cover sneezes and coughs with an elbow or disposable tissue, washing hands afterward.
1. All corporate business travel has been suspended indefinitely. Remote conferencing and electronic communications will be used, both with customers and suppliers, instead of face to face meetings.
2. McGregor is not accepting any unscheduled visitors at this time. Emergent supplier or customer visits to any McGregor facility must be approved in advance (and in writing) by Jamie McGregor.
1. Stay home if you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness or signs of a fever and please follow standard protocol by calling the attendance line. Employees should be fever-free for 24 hours, without the use of medication, prior to returning for work.
2. McGregor’s sick leave will be flexible through April 6, 2020 and consistent with public health guidance during this outbreak. In an effort to avoid overwhelming our health care providers, a doctor’s note will not be required to verify your illness or return to work.
3. McGregor’s attendance policy will also be flexible through April 6, 2020 (when schools return to session) if you need to stay home to care for a family member.
Please know that while we want all McGregor associates to stay healthy we also must maintain financial stability. Customer part and production demands continue. Therefore, some associates may be asked to remain flexible on shifts, hours or locations worked depending upon reported absences and where production requirements exist. Monthly communication meetings will be suspended until further notice and the annual Easter Egg Hunt has been cancelled. We thank you in advance for your flexibility.
If you have a concern for your health please see your supervisor or Human Resources.